Fill out the bookshelf checklist on p. 66 of the Summer ’18 issue of Cottage Life magazine (or check out the list below). Then tally up your points, take a picture of your cottage bookshelf, and share both on social media using #cottageshelfie. You could score a reading prize pack from Penguin Random House Canada worth $335.
1. Something by Stephen King
2. An out-of-date dictionary (add bonus point: it’s a Scrabble dictionary)
3. One of: Flowers in the Attic; Valley of the Dolls; The Thorn Birds
4. One of: The Mists of Avalon; The Lord of the Rings; The Chronicles of Narnia
5. A biography of someone that you’ve never heard of
6. A novel featuring a female reporter protagonist (add bonus point: her love life is in shambles)
7. Something by William Gibson
8. Something by Mary Higgins Clark
9. Archie comics
10. A coffee table book (add bonus point: it’s about the Group of Seven)
11. One of: Lonesome Dove; True Grit; The Sisters Brothers
12. An old first-aid or survival skills book
13. A book on mushrooms, birds, or flowers
14. The Client or The Firm, by John Grisham
15. Any book with Fabio or a Poor Man’s Fabio on the cover
16. Something by a dead Canadian man (add bonus point: it’s Robertson Davies)
17. A novel about a loose-cannon cop, haunted by a past case. They have an ex-spouse and a drinking problem and nothing left to lose, dammit.
Prize list right here!
Click here for our rules and regulations.