It’s almost that time of the year again—the Spring Cottage Life Show, that is. It’s a time where over 600 exhibitors come together to kick off the cottage season by displaying and demonstrating the best of cottage country. From boats and docks to green solutions and delicious treats, there’s something for everybody. Whether you’re looking for something specific for your cottage, to be inspired, or just a family-friendly activity, the Spring Show has it all. If you’ve never been before, these 10 tips will help you get the most out of the event.
1. Wear good walking shoes. With over 400,000 sq. ft space, you want to make sure you are comfortable.
2. Arrive early! We’ve added 1,500 parking spots, but arriving early will help to ensure you get a premium spot close to one of our 3 entrances.
3. Check out our exhibitor list online before you come to find out the booth number of your favourite products and services.
4. Follow our events page for your chance to win tickets to the show, and to stay up to date on all of our family-friendly activities
5. Remember your entrance! We’ve colour-coded the halls this year in partnership with Sico. Look out for the paint chip floor stickers when you enter the show.
6. Determine a meeting place if you are coming as a family or group. With over 600 exhibitors to see, you might just have to divide and conquer. We suggest the food service area in Hall 4 as it’s in the middle of the show.
7. Bring cash. Most vendors accept card payments, but some show specials are cash only.
8. Don’t miss out on entering one of our great contests at the show. You could win a wood shed, a stand up paddle board, or a kayak. Follow our events page for full contest details leading up to the show.
9. Bring the little ones with you. We’ve got great activities for the kids including wildlife centre, a planetarium, and a cottage games area. Plus, Camp Mini-Yo-We is offering two hours of free child minding on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
10. Buy your tickets online to avoid the line-ups on site. Plus, Save $4 off admission for entry after 4 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.
Visit Shows.cottagelife.com for more information and to buy your tickets.