Small tomatoes, such as grape or currant types, roasted with olive oil and herbs are delicious as a side dish with poultry or fish, in pasta or egg dishes, or as part of a salad or snack. Partnered with goat cheese, they make a flavourful topping for toasted baguette slices or crackers.
- 2 cups (500 ml) mini tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 shallots, sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 logs each 4 oz (125 g) goat cheese
- 2–4 tbsp (30–60 ml) Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Toss halved tomatoes and sliced shallots, if using, with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer in a roasting pan.
2. Roast on centre rack in oven for about 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until vegetables soften and edges begin to caramelize. Season and let cool.
3. Place goat-cheese logs on a dish. Top with tomatoes. Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze and garnish with herbs. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.