I think the cottage might be the only vacation spot where I don’t mind a rainy day. It’s an excuse to stay inside and putter. I rummage through junk drawers, flip through old photo albums, play dusty board games with my family, or just sit and read for hours with the sound of rain hitting the verandah roof. Not a bad way to spend a day, when you think about it.
Still, I’m not wishing you a rainy weekend. But in case that’s the forecast, these 15 songs are perfect for making the most of a day spent indoors. Think of it as a great opportunity to get caught up on all that doing nothing you’ve been meaning to get around to.
Let It Fall from Cottage Life on 8tracks Radio.
1. Regina Spektor – On the Radio
2. Lykke Li – Let it Fall
3. The Head and the Heart – Down in the Valley
4. Serena Ryder – Fall
5. Martina Sorbara – Bonnie & Clyde
6. Tracy Chapman – Fast Car
7. Court Yard Hounds – Sunshine
8. Stevie Wonder – Uptight
9. The Naked and Famous – Hearts Like Ours
10. Generationals – Put a Light On
11. Keaton Henson – Lying to You
12. Maria Taylor – Clean Getaway
13. Dido – Thank You
14. Coldplay – Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
15. Israel Kamakawiwo’ole – Somewhere Over the Rainbow