It’s a beautiful weekend, smack dab in the middle of summer, and it’s time to go out there and find your freedom. That can look like a lot of things, but for cottagers, it usually involves being at the lake: driving the boat full speed, a running dive off the dock, or indulging in a three-hour breakfast with your loved ones.
In case it’s been a long, hectic week and you need help getting in the “mode,” here are 17 songs for achieving that free feeling. But my guess is, one look at the sun shining off the water and you won’t have much trouble at all.
1. Tom Petty – Free Falling
2. Birdy – Young Blood
3. Vanessa Carlton – Carousel
4. Alexander – Let’s Win!
5. In The Valley Below – Peaches
6. Sarah Slean – Set It Free
7. Miike Snow – Cult Logic
8. NONONO – Pumpin Blood
9. Icona Pop – I Love It
10. Natalia Kills – Free
11. Bonnie McKee – American Girl
12. Florence and the Machine – Dog Days Are Over
13. Joel Plaskett – Nowhere With You
14. Free Energy – Dance All Night
15. Maria Taylor – Song Beneath the Song
16. Andrew Bird – Lusitania
17. Oh Laura – Release Me