Here are some tips to ensure your lawn is in top shape to sell your property:
1. Clean up, blow away and rake. Start the spring cleaning when the snow has melted and the soil has dried up a bit. Remove layers of leaves that can lead to the grass moulding or decaying. Use a leaf blower or a rake. Don’t rake the lawn until it has started to grow.
2. Act like a buyer. Walk around the exterior of your home or cottage with a critical eye. Take notes on what needs repairing, replacing, or cleaning.
3. Add colour. Replace overgrown bushes with leafy plants and colourful annuals. Surround bushes and trees with dark or reddish-brown bark mulch; this will give a rich feel to the yard. Potted plants are another way to add a splash of colour and can be taken with you when you move.
4. Mow the lawn. Remember not to cut the grass too short. A grass level of five to nine centimetres will give you a fine, sustainable lawn.
5. Trim the hedges. The way to get a good-looking hedge always starts with the hedge cutters. Today, hedge trimming can be smooth and easy. Trimmers that are ergonomically balanced and lighter in weight are the perfect addition to any tool shed.
6. Clear away weeds. Get rid of any weeds as early as possible. Also be sure to cut away withered leaves and grass from cultivated parts of the garden bed.
7. Trim the lawn. If you want your lawn to look really great, don’t forget to trim the edges.
8. Install outdoor lighting. Landscape lighting has a huge effect on your curb appeal while also providing safety and security.
For more lawn tips and information about tool options for proper maintenance, visit www.husqvarna.ca.