Lennox and Addington County might not be high on many prospective cottage buyers’ radars, but it should be. A short drive from Kingston, the area is home to a number of conservation areas and provincial parks, including the picturesque Bon Echo Provincial Park. Yet compared to Cottage Central (also known as Muskoka), Lennox and Addington is surprisingly affordable.
While the majority of residences on the shores of Lake Ontario in the southern part of the county are occupied year-round, Lennox and Addington North is where pristine and secluded vacation properties can be found. They’re also at prices that won’t break the bank—according to Remax Realty broker John Hinton, based on figures from the last two years, the average price of a cottage in the area is only $200,000.
So what can $500,000 get you? A lot. Take for example, 1898 Arden Road in Stone Mills. Located just outside the fringes of Puzzle Lake Provincial Park, this sprawling property is perfect for kayakers or canoeists. With direct access to the Salmon River, it’s truly a nature lover’s getaway.
Address: 1898 Arden Road, Stone Mills, Ontario
Lot Size: 97 Acres
Floor Size: 2400 square feet
- Direct access to the Salmon River, with deeded access to Sheffield Lake
- Each bedroom features an ensuite bathroom
- Over 2481 foot frontage on the south side and another 2400 foot frontage on the north side
- Large kitchen with stainless steel appliances, perfect for entertaining
- Fully landscaped with an attached greenhouse area