If you’re still looking for fun things to do this long weekend (and this summer), we’ve compiled a list of some events across the country to consider.
Falkland Stampede (Saturday May 18th – Monday, May 20th, various start times)
- North Okanagan along Highway 97, V0E1W0
- One of Canada’s oldest stampedes, started in 1919.
- Lots of fun activities like rodeos, rodeo dances, and parades.
- Bring the family to watch rough and tough cowboys and cowgirls from near and far as they vie for over $50,000 in prizes over three days of action packed competition.
- Children 6 and under are free, tickets start at $12.
- Camping is available across from the Stampede Grounds for $10 per night.
- For more info and ticket purchase: https://www.falklandstampede.ca/2019events.html
The Okanagan Zone Drama Festival at Shuswap Theatre (Friday, May 17 – Friday, May 25, 7:30 p.m.)
- Shuswap Theatre, 41 Hudson Ave NW, Salmon Arm, B.C.
- Seven plays from seven community theatre groups throughout the Okanagan. Each evening at 7:30 p.m. a play from one of the following communities: Vernon, Armstrong, Kelowna, Princeton, Oliver, Salmon Arm will be presented at Shuswap Theatre.
- For more info: http://shuswapculture.ca/events/okanagan-zone-drama-festival/
Pioneer Pancake Breakfast at R. J. Haney Village and Museum (Saturday, May 18th – Sunday, May 19th, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
- 751 Highway 97B SE, Salmon Arm, B.C.
- Come and celebrate the opening of the season and enjoy our famous $6.00 Pioneer Pancake Breakfast
- For more info: https://www.salmonarmmuseum.org/default.htm
PINT & Paint at the Brew Pub (Repeats every two weeks every Monday until May 27th, 7 p.m.)
- 20 Shuswap Street S.E., Salmon Arm, BC, V1E 4H7
- Need an idea for date night, or looking for a little fun with friends? PINT & Paint is back at the Barley Station Brew Pub. Includes all art stuff and step-by-step instructions from local artist Adam Meikle.
- For more info and to reserve: https://www.meikle.studio/mastercalendar
Paint Night! With Meikle Studios Social Art House (Repeats every Friday until October 30, 2020)
- 148 Lakeshore Drive Northeast Salmon Arm, BC, V1E 4H7 Canada
- Designed for beginners; all workshops include a 16×20” canvas, unlimited paint, and step by step instruction from local artist Adam Meikle.
- For more info and to reserve: https://www.meikle.studio/mastercalendar
Flight Exhibition at Salmon Arm Art Gallery (April 13 – June 1st)
- 70 Hudson Avenue NE Salmon Arm, B.C.
- Salmon Arm Art Gallery is pleased to present Flight, an exhibition featuring 15 artists exploring the disappearing songbird population, from April 13 to June 1, 2019.
- Admission to the gallery is by donation. Gallery hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- For more info: http://www.salmonarmartscentre.ca/
Father’s Day at R. J. Haney Heritage Village & Museum (Sunday, June 16, 2019, 8:30 a.m. -2:00 p.m.)
- 751-Highway 97 B Salmon Arm
- Treat Dad to Marjorie’s $6.00 Pancake Breakfast and stay the whole day. Explore how the Shuswap pioneers lived and played while discovering the stories of our rich local history.
- Children can challenge dad to a game of croquet, ring toss, and discover the pioneer secrets of the Shuswap’s largest heritage park with a special Father’s Day scavenger hunt. BBQ lunch starting at $3.50 will be served up in the outdoor kitchen.
- Enjoy wagon rides, Haney’s old fashioned carnival with games of chance and skill, face painting, children’s crafts, learn how to walk on stilts or panning for real Haney gold. The Village will be alive with displays and demonstrations from the Shuswap Pioneer Collectors Club, the Shuswap Spinners and Weavers and more
- For more info: https://www.salmonarmmuseum.org/
Mariposa Music Festival
Wolf howl & other park events
Blue Mountain, Collingwood & Wasaga Beach
May Long Weekend at Blue (Saturday, May 18th – Monday May 20th)
- Blue Mountain Village
- Various celebrations and activities for the whole family to enjoy, including fireworks. Events schedule is TBD
- For more info: http://bluemountainvillage.ca/maylongweekend-1
Scenic Caves Nature Adventures (Open during the long weekend)
- 260 Scenic Caves Road, Blue Mountains, On L9Y 0P2
- Get active this long weekend with cave tours, nature trails, gemstone mining, suspension bridge, Thunderbird Twin Zip, mini gold, trout pond, and eco tours.
- For more info :http://www.sceniccaves.com/
Summer Launch (Saturday, May 18th, 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
- Beach Area 1
- A full day of fun for everyone at the Beach. The MONOWHALES will be opening for Headliner Virginia to Vegas. There will also be BMX Stunt Shows, a rock climbing wall, NERF Battles and more. Be sure to stick around for the Fireworks at Dusk to kick of the start of Summer in Wasaga Beach.
- Beach Area One Activities Starting at noon, with fireworks at dusk.
- For more info: https://www.wasagabeach.com/events
Collingwood Art on the Street (Saturday, May 18th, all day)
- Hurontario St, Collingwood, On
- The streets of downtown Collingwood come alive with this outdoor art exhibition of hand-painted Muskoka chairs by local artists. Stroll downtown and take a moment to relax in your favourite one-of-a-kind art chair.
- For more info: http://www.artonthestreet.ca/#/
Collingwood Free Walking Tour (Monday, May 20th, 1:30 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.)
- Starting point: Meet outside of service Canada (white marble) building at 44 Hurontario street, Collingwood ON.
- Join knowledgeable local guides and discover what they love about the community’s history, art, architecture and current events. No reservations required. Rain or shine.
- More info: https://www.simcoe.com/events/9133721-809107-collingwood-walking-tour/
British Car Show (Saturday, June 1st, all day)
- Blue Mountain Village, 156 Jozo Weider Blvd., The Blue Mountains, On
- Free Event
- See what’s under the bonnets as the local British Car Club rolls in to the Village for an afternoon of automobile history and appreciation, featuring live music by THE BRITISH INVASION!
- For more info: https://www.bluemountain.ca/things-to-do/events/british-car-show
Salsa at Blue (Friday, June 21st)
- Blue Mountain Village, 156 Jozo Weider Blvd., The Blue Mountains, ON.
- Free Event
- The Ontario Salsa tour returns to Blue Mountain from June 21 to 23, 2019! A free family street party transforms the entire Village into a showcase of Latin life with pulsating music, passionate dancing, and fireworks!
- For more info: https://www.bluemountain.ca/things-to-do/events/salsa-at-blue
Waterfront Festival (Saturday, June 15- Sunday, June 16, starting at 10 am)
- Beach Area 1, Wasaga Beach, On
- Free Event
- A Fantastic Father’s Day weekend event at Beach Area One with Sandy Castle Building, Kitefest, Ploverpalooza, exhibits, and live entertainment.
- For more info:https://www.wasagabeach.com/event-calendar
Buckhorn Spring Craft Show (Saturday, May 18th – Sunday, May 19th)
- Buckhorn Community & Cultural Center at 1782 Lakehurst Rd., Trent Lakes, ON.
- At the Spring Craft Show you will find over 75 exhibitors and artisans with homemade products such as, clothing, jewelry, and home decor. Set in a park like setting, wander from building to building to see all the exhibitors.
- For more info: http://www.buckhorncommunitycentre.com/our-shows/
Kawartha Craft Beer Festival (Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 15)
- Del Crary Park, 2 George St N Unit 101, Peterborough, ON.
- Join us in the heart of beautiful Kawartha Lakes for the 5th annual Kawartha Craft Beer Festival, showcasing some of the best beer in Canada.
- Now in our 5th year, the event has moved to a new location at Del Crary Park, featuring live music, games, merchandise, and craft vendors, delicious food, and 16 craft breweries and cideries.
- For more info and ticket purchase: https://kawarthacraftbeerfestival.com/
Midland & Area
Uke Fest 2019 (Friday, May 17th – Sunday, May 19th)
- Midland Cultural Centre at 33 King Street, Midland, On L4R 3M7.
- Each year the Midland Cultural Centre hosts the annual ukulele festival in beautiful downtown Midland. This 3-day festival, the first Uke Fest in Ontario, allows ukulele players of all ages to participate in workshops, jam sessions, concerts, and all things ukulele-based.
- For more info and ticket purchase: http://midlandculturalcentre.com/page.php?page=Events&pageType=events&eventid=100049213
Ontario’s Best Butter Tart Festival 2019 (Saturday, June 8, 2019)
- Downtown Midland
- The seventh annual Ontario’s Best Butter Tart Festival is the largest Butter Tart Festival in Canada. This family-friendly, free admission event includes 200 vendors, including Ontario’s best butter tart contest.
- Click here for more info.
Party on the Dock (Saturday, June 08, 2019, 10:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.)
- 171 King Street, Midland ON.
- Rotary Club of Midland presents Party on the Dock with live bands, featuring The Marc Joseph Band and Rob Watts Band, starting at 7pm.
- Family friendly entertainment during the day from 10 a.m. -4 p.m.
- Family friendly event in partnership with Ontario’s Best Butter Tart Festival.
- Food truck alley and beer tent all day.
- Advanced tickets up to 1 week prior are $25, the week of the event prices are $30.
- For more info and ticket purchase: https://www.partyonthedock.ca/
Muskoka 24 Craft Beer Festival (Saturday, May 18th)
- River Mill Park at 8 West Street North, Unit 4, Huntsville, ON.
- Hosted by the Downtown Huntsville BIA. This festival will showcase some of the best craft beer our region and province has to offer. Patrons will enjoy a view of the Muskoka River as they sample amazing craft beer and listen to local bands.
- For more info and ticket purchase: http://www.downtownhuntsvilleadventures.ca/craft-beer-festival/
Tim Hicks Summer Throw Down (Saturday, May 18th starting at 9:00 p.m.)
- The Kee to Bala at 1012 Bala Falls Road, Bala, ON.
- Concert with special guest Madeline Merlo.
- For more info and ticket purchase: https://www.thekee.com/event/tim-hicks-2019/
Snoop Dogg & Friends Tour (Sunday, May 19th)
- Canada Summit Center at 20 Park Dr, Huntsville, ON.
- Concert with guests Warren G, Kurupt, Daz (Dogg Pound) and more.
- Concert is 19+.
- For more info and ticket purchase: https://cabinmedia.ca/home.php
Muskoka Spring Thaw Concert featuring Brian Neale & Northern Harbour (Sunday, May 19th)
- Port Carling Community Centre at 3 Bailey Street, Muskoka Lakes, ON.
- Celebrate the end of winter and a return to cottage country with a live concert by Brian Neale and Northern Harbour. Food served by Bala’s Taco Kar and a full bar sponsored by Muskoka’s Clear Lake Brewing Co.
- For more info and ticket purchase here.
Bog to Bottle Discovery (Runs daily from March 9th – June 30th)
- Muskoka Lakes Farm & Winery at 1074 Cranberry Road, Bala, ON.
- Runs daily from 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Guided walking tour of the cranberry bogs, followed by a tutored wine tasting.
- For more info and reservations: https://cranberry.ca/event/bog-to-bottle-discovery-spring/
Treetop Trekking Hunstville (Runs Friday – Sunday, open Victoria Day Monday)
- 1180 Highway 60, Huntsville, ON.
- This Huntsville park has aerial courses ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced so there is fun to be had for just about everyone aged 9+ and at least 4’7″ tall. Their Zip Line & Aerial Game Treks last about 3-hours, and are guided by our friendly staff.
- For more info and booking:https://treetoptrekking.com/parks/huntsville/
Venture Fest (Saturday June 15, 12 p.m.- 5 p.m.)
- Muskoka Brewery, 1964 Muskoka Beach Rd, Bracebridge, ON.
- Venture Fest will offer guests a chance to sip and sample different craft beers, ciders, cocktails, and bites from their favourite food partners.
- Games, activities, and live music provide a lively backdrop to mix and mingle with friends while supporting the community.
- All funds raised are for Muskoka Brewery’s Venture Fund, which offers a series of grants for local non-profit causes aimed at improving the lives of those within Muskoka. Muskoka Brewery.
- For more info: https://muskokabrewery.com/our-events/
Gravenhurst Car Show (Saturday, June 15, 2019)
- Gull Lake Rotary Park, 275 Muskoka Road South, Gravenhurst, ON
- The 26th Annual Gravenhurst Car Show rolls into town on Father’s Day weekend.
- All vehicles welcome—antiques, classics. modified, and rat rods.
- Admission by donation. Giveaways, prizes and much more. Fun for the whole family
- Vendors, food and fun.
- For more info: http://www.gravenhurstcarshow.com/
Funkfest (Saturday, June 29)
- 397 Muskoka Rd N, Gravenhurst ON.
- The fourth annual FUNKFEST Canada Day & Beer Festival. The festival will take place at the Sawdust City Brewery in Gravenhurst, Muskoka and features one-of-a-kind sour brews from craft breweries across Canada, and live music featuring Born Ruffians as headliners.
- Event tokens are required for beer sampling and will be available for purchase at the festival. This is a 19+ event, and valid photo ID will be checked with tickets at the door.
- For more info and ticket sales: https://funkfest.beer/
Prince Edward County
Black River Spring Festival (Saturday, May 18 – Sunday, May 19, 10 am – 4 pm)
- Along Morrison Point Rd and Cty Rds 16 and 17, Prince Edward County, ON.
- The Community of Black River on Morrison Point Road is celebrating spring with the First Annual Black River Spring Festival
- Explore their historic road and welcome back Vicki’s Veggies Heirloom Tomato Seedling Sale, visit Artisan studios and barns, organic farms, and stroll along our canopied road past United Empire Loyalist farmhouses and restored Loyalist dry stone walls.
- The event is free, and family and cyclist friendly
- For more info: http://prince-edward-county.com/event/black-river-spring-festival/
Loyalist Re-enactment (Saturday May 18th – Sunday, May 19th, 11 am both days)
- 517 County Rd 19, Ameliasburgh, ON.
- Over the Victoria Day weekend, re-enactors camp on-site, living as Loyalists would have done in their earliest days in Canada, gathering around the cooking pot, playing games and indulging hobbies.
- Visitors can join in the fun, with games for kids like hoop & rod or the frying pan toss, or watch demonstrations of atlatl throwing, an Indigenous mechanism for throwing spears.
- Re-enactors want to share their passion for history and can help explain the rewards and risks of early settler life in The County. This is their 25th anniversary of re-enacting Loyalist Life at Ameliasburgh.
- For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/302301447118942/
Buttertart Festival (Saturday, May 18th, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Orillia Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market at 4500 Fairgrounds Road, Orillia, ON.
- The Orillia Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market will be hosting butter tarts of all kinds on the Saturday of the Victoria Day Weekend.
- For more info: http://www.orilliafairgroundsfarmersmarket.ca/events.html
Cottage Country Comic-Con (Sunday May 19th, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- The show will have over 100 exhibitors that cater to a wide-spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, movies, wrestling, television, anime, manga, cosplay, artwork, sketches, and apparel. In addition, a roster of comic industry professionals and fandom-related celebrities are in attendance for attendees to meet and greet.
- Admission is only $20 and kids under the age of 12 are Free.
- For more info: https://www.cottagecountrycomiccon.com/Cottage_Country_Comic-Con/Welcome.html
Portarama Family Family Festival (Thursday, May 16 – Sunday, May 19th, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Talbot Park, 537 Calvert St, Port McNicoll, ON.
- Portarama is organized by a dedicated group of community volunteers to provide the community with an annual family oriented celebration on the Victoria Day weekend in the month of May.
- Activities include: BBQ’s, parade, dog show, games, artisan market, soap box derby race, and fireworks.
- For more info: http://www.portarama.ca/
Marsh by Moonlight Spring Paddle Series (Saturday, May 18th – Sunday, May 19th, 8:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.)
- 16160 Highway 12 East, Midland, ON.
- Experience a guided canoe tour through the sparkling moonlit waters of the Wye Marsh. Twinkling canoes and boardwalk, night noises, some yummy bannock and lots of laughs will make for spectacular photo-ops and an unforgettable night! Connect with nature and enjoy this unique and different perspective of the marsh.
- No paddling experience necessary.
- For more info and registration: https://www.wyemarsh.com/Marsh-By-Moonlight-Canoe
Blooming Apple Blossoms at Cidrerie Les Vergers Lafrance (Ongoing from May 1st- 31st)
- 1473, chemin Principal, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, QC
- Playground and picnic area, tractor rides ,snacks, visit of the cider house distillery
- For more info: http://www.lesvergerslafrance.com/pages/events/
Festival Santa Teresa (Friday, May 17 – Sunday May 19th)
- Downtown area of Sainte-Thérèse
- The immersive festival promises a renewed experience and an even more exhilarating program with artists from Québec and all around the world.
- For more info and to buy passes: https://www.santateresa.ca/
Spartan Race (Saturday, May 18 – Sunday, May 19)
- Sommet Morin Heights, 231, rue Allen, Morin-Heights , QC.
- Time to drop the training wheels and graduate to the Spartan Race. Find out what you are physically and mentally capable of and have fun while doing it.
- Register alone or as a team. Different types of races available.
- Spectators pay $15.
- For more information and registration click here.
Side-walk Sale at Village Pietonnier (Centre de villégiature Tremblant
- 1000, chemin des Voyageurs, Mont-Tremblant, QC.
- The village celebrate spring with his side-walk sale. Full of articles at half-prizes, workshops and demonstration, and animation.
- For more info: https://mont-tremblant.ca/evenements/vente-trottoir/
Old European Car Exposition (Saturday, May 18, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Les Factoreries Tremblant, 2450 – 2555, rue de l’Aulnaie, Mont-Tremblant, QC.
- Old European collection cars are in exposition on May 18 at the Factoreries Tremblant.
- On the program, music, food trucks, and a lot of surprises with a taste of Europe.
- In case of rain the event will be on Sunday, May 19.
- For more info: https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/old-european-car-exposition
Festival De La Famille et de L’Environnement (Monday, May 20th, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Parc Basler, 99 chemin du Lac Écho, Morin-Heights, QC
- It’s the Festival de la Famille et de l’Environnement at Park Basler! Participate in the collective sculpture, workshops on hiking without trace and at the treasure hunt with Ti-Mousse dans brousse. Activities for all to encourage outdoor activities in respect with the nature : soccer, tree demonstration and animation by DJ Loukas!
- For more info: http://www.morinheights.com/spip.php?page=liste_activites&lang=fr
Fishing Fest (Saturday, June 1st, 6:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- The Parc régional de la Rivière-du-Nord invites all fishing lovers to its 3rd edition of the Fishing Fest, presented by Canadian Tire Saint-Jérôme in collaboration with the Fondation de l’eau rivière du Nord.
- Fly fishing will be allowed and the organizers will encourage the fishers to catch and release.
- $1000 in prizes to be won.
- The activity will take place rain or shine.
- For more info and to purchase tickets: https://www.epasslive.com/detail-de-l-evenement/tournoi-de-peche-urbaine-4216
Grand Poutinefest of Saint-Eustache (Friday, June 14 – Sunday, June 16)
- The Great Poutinefest is coming to Saint-Eustache.
- For the first edition, a dozen of Food Trucks will be gathered at the Cinema Saint-Eustache, only from June 14 to June 16 2019.
- Join the event and discover dozens of activities for all ages: musical groups, public entertainers, professional makeup artists, water games, inflatable games.
- Enjoy a range of local microbreweries.
- For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/2302524863366168/
Turtle Walk 2019 (Saturday, June 8th & Sunday June 9th)
- June 8th locations
- Haliburton (meet at the HHSS grounds)
- Bancroft (meet at Riverside park/post office entrance)
- Peterborough (meeting at the zoo entrance)
- Orono (meeting TBD)
- June 15th locations:
- Bracebridge (meet at Kelvin Park)
- Fenelon Falls (Meet at the locks)
- Foxboro (meet at the Foodland parking lot)
- Lindsay (meeting place TBD)
- Prizes for the best costumes, signs, for answering skill-testing questions during the walk, and for the best fundraisers.
- For more information and to register: https://www.turtlewalk.ca/