Pair this delicious applesauce with latkes
Canada's cinnamon bun balabusta serves up Hanukkah brunch, cottage-style.
- 2 lbs mcIntosh apples about 6 medium sized, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a medium pot, bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer, stirring often, until apples are cooked and start to fall apart (about 15 minutes).
- Blitz in the pot with an immersion blender until the desired consistency is achieved.
With a touch of cinnamon and lemon, this tastes a bit like apple pie. Serve with homemade latkes. Makes about 2 cups. This recipe originally appeared as part of Amy Rosen’s story about Hanukkah at her family cottage, originally published in the Winter 2018 issue of Cottage Life.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!