2013 is a big year for Cottage Life. Not only is it the Spring Cottage Life Show‘s 20th anniversary, but in the fall, we will also be launching a national television channel that celebrates weekend living.
Join us April 5 to 7 at the Spring Cottage Life Show to learn more about the channel and contribute to our “video diary.” Bring your best cottage photos, kitsch, memories, and stories to share with the CL team, and you could end up on TV, in a video on cottagelife.com or in the pages of the magazine. So, what exactly do we want to know about?
- The background behind your cottage (for instance, did your family build it or buy it?)
- The first thing people notice about your cottage
- Your best cottage party
- The story of your most cherished cottage keepsake
- Your favourite thing about the cottage or weekend living
- Your favourite season at the cottage and why
- The project you wish your partner would finally finish
If you have some beautiful photos to complement your story, please bring them along on a USB stick—we’d love to get a copy!
Craving a little time on camera, but don’t have a special cottage story to share? No problem. We also want you to showcase your cottage talents, which can include:
- Singing O’Canada or a rendition of your favourite campfire song
- Practising your best loon call, moose call, or duck call
- Showing us your best chipmunk face
- Telling us your most interesting skinny dipping story
- Acting out your craziest animal encounter
Visit the video booth on Friday, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Saturday, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., and on Sunday, from 12:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Hope to see you there!