Smoky Avocado Salsa
The perfect snack to serve with corn chips or pita crisps and a cold lager, this salsa also makes a delicious topping for small squares of cornbread or grilled polenta.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tbsp diced red onion (30 ml)
- ½-1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce finely chopped (to taste)
- Extra adobo sauce (to taste)
- Kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander (30 ml)
- Halve avocados, remove pits, and release flesh from skins.
- Chop into rough dice and sprinkle with lime juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine with remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Best served within an hour or two.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!