We love a traditional fall dinner, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make it better, easier, and more fun. No one can argue with roasted fall veggies, such as squashes and carrots, and these ones make the day-of smoother when you prep them ahead.
Roasted Fall Veggies
- 1 acorn squash halved, seeded, and cut in ½-inch slices
- 2 bunches carrots trimmed, peeled, halved
- 2 red onions peeled, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment. Place all vegetables on the sheet and toss with oil, syrup, and thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. (To make ahead, store dressed veggies in the fridge in a sealed bag for up to a day.)
- Roast 45 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until tender and caramelized in places. Transfer to a serving platter.