A breakfast of bran cereal and sliced bananas is the inspiration for this healthy, delicious banana bread. It tastes great warm out of the oven or toasted and spread with honey butter.
Nutty crunch banana bread
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup margarine melted
- 1 cup (2-3) bananas mashed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup multigrain flour
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup all bran cereal
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Beat egg, margarine, bananas, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to banana mixture, stirring just to moisten.
- Spread mixture in a greased 8 ½” X 4 ½” loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 30-40 minutes.
This recipe was originally published in the April/May 2000 issue of Cottage Life.