This fun and easy craft will really add some “pop” to your holiday dinner.
1. “We’re out of toilet paper!” but don’t throw out those rolls, start collecting them.
2. Cut strips of wrapping paper or newspaper so that it will cover the entire roll. Make sure there is a five-centimetre overhang on either end of the roll. If using tissue paper, double or triple the length.
3. If using snaps, place one snap inside the tube so that both sides of the roll have a snap hanging out of it (these make the “snap” sound when pulled).
4. Fasten the paper with tape. For a more decorative look, use stickers.
5. Tie one end closed with the ribbon or string.
6. Fill the cracker with candy, prizes, fortunes, jokes, or what ever you want and then tie that end closed.
7. Curl the ribbons, string or rope using scissors or tie in a bow.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Curing ribbon, string, or rope (what ever you have around)
- Wrapping paper or newspaper
- Snaps (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
Cottage cracker filler ideas:
- Key chain
- Mini flashlight
- Mini soaps
- Chap stick
- A small puzzle (taken out of the box)