This treat—something like the love child of a campfire s’more and a trip to the marina for ice cream—delivers everyone’s favourite cottage dessert even when a campfire isn’t on the menu. Serves 8.
21/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups heavy cream
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
300 g milk chocolate, chopped
2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Set oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread marshmallows over baking sheet. Broil until deep golden brown, about 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the marshmallows the entire time. They can burn fast! Remove from oven, and let cool slightly.
2. Use a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whip heavy cream to soft peaks, then lower speed, and stream in condensed milk.
3. Transfer marshmallows into cream mixture, and continue to whisk at low speed. It’s okay if the marshmallows stick together. Whisk until blended into the cream mixture.
4. Add in chocolate and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs to cream mixture. Stir.
5. Line a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Gently bang bottom of pan against counter to form an even layer.
6. Mix melted butter with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Pack mixture in an even layer on top of cream mixture.
7. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours or until frozen. When ready to serve, invert pan onto a serving platter, and cut loaf into 1-inch slices and serve.
Related Story 10 reasons the cottage is even better with a dog