For me, the drive to the lake is always a mixed bag of emotion. On one hand, I’m eager for it to be over so I can be at the cottage already, unwinding from my long week. On the other hand, I want to slow down and savour both the anticipation of what lies ahead and the great beauty rushing past me. I find that whenever I can achieve the latter, my weekend is better for it.
So here are 13 songs for actually enjoying the ride. A playlist to remind us how lucky we are to have a cottage to drive to – even if it is three hours away and we have to dodge traffic to get there. Just roll down those windows and hit play. Because, really, you’ve already arrived.
The Only Road I Know from Cottage Life on 8tracks Radio.
1. Teddybears Stockholm – Yours To Keep
2. Lights – Drive My Soul
3. Jann Arden – Where No One Knows Me
4. Wintersleep – Weighty Ghost
5. Sam Roberts – Hard Road
6. Alabama Shakes – Hold On
7. Steppenwolf – Born To Be Wild
8. Kathleen Edwards – Summerlong
9. BTO – Let It Ride
10. Great Big Sea – Run Runaway
11. Young Galaxy – Pretty Boy
12. Neil Young – Unknown Legend
13. Lana Del Rey – Ride