Of course, we could never say officially which summer month is our favourite (that would be like choosing a favourite child). But there’s something special about June, isn’t there? The water starts to warm up, the days are extra long, and the lake is usually still pretty quiet. If you manage to snag a weekday, you may even be the only one for miles.
So, in celebration of the beginning of June, here’s a playlist for a peaceful few days at the cottage. We’ve picked 12 very soothing songs to get you into the spirit of summer and remind you why this glorious month might just be your favourite.
1. Ben Howard – Old Pine
2. Blue Rodeo – Head Over Heels
3. Ruth Moody – Dancing in the Dark
4. The Lumineers – Ho Hey
5. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes – Man On Fire
6. Feist – Get It Wrong, Get It Right
7. Whitehorse – Devil’s Got a Gun
8. Neil Young – Pocahontas
9. The Head and the Heart – Rivers and Roads
10. The River and the Road – Rose Bay
11. Claire Morrison – Don’t Make Me Go
12. The National – Hard To Find