It’s when you come across a listing like 56 Boat Launch that you have to ask yourself the really important questions in life. Mainly, why just buy a cottage for $500,000 when you could buy an entire estate?
With 1000 feet of shoreline directly on Moira Lake, this listing in Madoc, Ontario, includes six buildings. The perfect halfway point between Ottawa and Toronto, the property is located just south of on Highway 62, just south of the small village.
While the original cottage was built in 1911, the adjacent lodge is too nice to call a bunkie—although small, it’s actually a fully self-contained bungalow. With a boathouse, studio, and workshop located on-site (each with sleeping areas). It’s also the perfect rental property. The lodge has its own parking space and a private garden, and can be rented year-round for $600/week. If all this doesn’t sell you, maybe we should mention that Hastings County is the “Cheese Capital of Canada.”
However, if you’re not in the market for an entire estate, you’re in luck—according to Remax Realty broker Dave Denison, the average cost of a waterfront cottage in the Hastings County is readily affordable at around $218,000.
Address: 56 Boat Launch, Madoc, Ontario
Lot Size: 4.5 Acres
Floor Size: Main cottage is just less than 3000 square feet; Rental lodge is 700 square feet
- The estate includes two self-contained cottages, a studio, a workshop and a boathouse. There are sleeping areas in each of the six buildings, making it perfect for large family gatherings.
- Four-season property; the lodge and the cottage are both winterized with air-conditioning.
- Two fireplaces in original cottage, which was built in 1911.
- Rental lodge regularly produces a revenue of $100/night; $600/week or $2000/month.
- Over 1000 feet of shoreline located directly on Moira Lake.