Update: Contest is now closed. Congrats to winner Krista Boyd!
If there’s one thing all cottagers can agree on, it’s that few pleasures trump finishing a great book on the dock during the lazy days of summer. The only problem is that there are so few summer weekends and so many good books to choose from.
So to make sure your summer reading list is chock full of page-turners, we’ve teamed up with the Ontario-based Trillium Book Award to give away nine great Canadian books from this year’s English finalists:
- Lynn Crosbie, Where Did You Sleep Last Night, House of Anansi Press
- Andrew Forbes, What You Need, Invisible Publishing
- Kevin Hardcastle, Debris, Biblioasis
- Robert Hough, The Man Who Saved Henry Morgan, House of Anansi Press
- Janette Platana, A Token of My Affliction, Tightrope Books
- Karen Solie, The Road In Is Not The Same Road Out, House of Anansi Press
- Madhur Anand, A New Index for Predicting Catastrophes, McClelland and Stewart
- Soraya Peerbaye, Tell: poems for a girlhood, Pedlar Press
- Damian Rogers, Dear Leader, Coach House Books
To support local authors (Forbes and Platana hail from Peterborough!) and to win a Trillium prize pack featuring the English finalists, leave a comment below letting us know your favourite Canadian novel.
The Trillium Book Award winner will be announced on June 22, 2016, after which we’ll let the prize-pack winner know. See full contest rules here.