Bulgar Salad with Artichokes and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Make this sturdy salad from items in your pantry and keeps well in a cooler if the power's out. In a fridge it will keep for up to 3 days. Choose light bulgur for it’s quick and easy cooking, or use whatever you have on hand. This salad makes a great workday lunch too!
- 3 cups cooked bulgur or couscous, quinoa, rice, or pasta
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virign
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh kale ribs removed
- 1 jar (4 oz) marinated artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers chopped
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground pepper and kosher or sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped Italian parsley optional
- Combine bulgur, lemon juice, and oil, and toss with a fork. Add remaining ingredients, season to taste.
Tip: To cook light bulgur, simply place grain in a large bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand for about 10 minutes, until bulgur is softened but still slightly chewy. Strain if any water remains. Cook other grains you have in your pantry according to package directions. Tip: Include any other flavourful add-ins you have on hand, such as black beans, pitted Kalamata olives, chickpeas, baby spinach, shaved Parmesan cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, or grilled cubes of halloumi. Want more pantry-cooking ideas? Use pancake mix to make focaccia
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!