Loony about loons? Barbecue in need of cleaning? Combine your passion for water-based birds with your need to clean by designing this DIY Loon BBQ Scraper. Click here for the template.
- Begin by cutting out your paper template, then cut your 1×5 pine board to your desired scraper length. We made ours 17 inches long.
- Find the centre of your board and draw a line down the length of the board. The centre of your loon template should line up with the line you’ve drawn. Trace out the loon in pencil.
- Cut out your loon with a jigsaw and sand if necessary. We used a router to bevel the edges.
- Drill a small hole and add your hanger.
- BBQ scrapers are a safer alternative to wire brushes.