If you find a tear in your screen door, fear not, we’ve got you covered:
Screen Door: Full Replacement
– Remove the door from the track using a flathead screwdriver.
– Remove the spline using a small screw or nail.
– Lay your new screen over the frame and tape down one end.
– Using a spline roller, start in one corner and slowly yet firmly work across the frame.
– Cut the spline when you reach the other side and tuck it into the channel.
– Repeat this for all four sides before trimming the excess screen.
– While your door is out of the frame, it’s also a good time to oil the wheels and clean the track.
Adhesive Tape Repair
– Trim away any sharp edges of screen.
– Cut a piece of adhesive tape to patch.
– Use a hair dryer or heat gun on the tape so it adheres to the screen. (This should take about 30 seconds.)
– The patch tape can be found at your local hardware store or on Amazon.
Adhesive Patch Repair
– Cut away any rough edges.
– Remove the adhesive backing from the patch.
– Apply the patch to the screen and press firmly.