- Course: Desserts
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients for filling in a saucepan with NO HEAT. Mix until well blended.
- Heat ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. This should take about 15 minutes; be sure to watch the pot. Bring the filling just to a boil and then remove from heat. The mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Set for 1 hour in the fridge. Whip up more whipping cream and spread on top of the pie to 1" thickness.