On a steaming hot day at the cottage, a frozen dessert is a necessity. Here are three soft serves delicious enough to rival your favourite ice cream shop—no ice cream maker required.
Mango basil frozen yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks (375 ml)
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 ml)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (250 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 3 basil leaves, torn
Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Serve immediately, garnished with additional basil (you can use mint instead of basil). Freeze
Banana soft serve
Cut bananas into small chunks and freeze. Puree the frozen bananas in a food processor. Server as is or stir in a few drops of mint extract (a little goes a long way). Top with chocolate chips and chocolate sauce.
Strawberry frozen yogurt
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (500 ml)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (125 ml)
- 2-4 tbsp granulated or fruit sugar (30-60 ml)
Puree strawberries, yogurt, and lemon juice in a food processor. Sweeten to taste. Serve immediately, as is or garnished with sprinkles.