Cottage Life Show: What’s on for kids?
This weekend (March 25–27) is the The Spring Cottage Life Show, and there are a ton of things for families to see and do. Come and get excited for the cottaging season ahead! Stop by the Cottage Life magazine booth on Saturday or Sunday—I’d love to meet you. Have a peek at this cheat-sheet for families on the show’s hot-spots you won’t want to miss.
All weekend at the Family Activity Centre, kids can:
- Enjoy nature-themed arts and crafts
- Learn about turtles and a unique turtle hospital near Peterborough
- Identify animal tracks
- Get up close and personal with snakes of cottage country
- Go batty with Bill Bat Boy
- Discover native butterflies and then make a necklace out of butterfly wings
- Singalong at our campfire
What else is going on at the show for kids?
- Plant a tree to take home with you
- Watch canoeing, kayaking, and rowing demonstrations
- Climb aboard one of the dozens of boats on display
- Enjoy cooking demos and free food samples
- Check out the Cottage Life fold-up bunk bed project (from the April 2011 issue), designed for small spaces and cottage kids!
Other family-friendly perks:
- Free child care Saturday & Sunday: Space permitting, you can book your child into free supervised child care for up to two hours
- Free parking
- Nursing station provided
- Change tables in all restrooms
Plus, there are more than 450 cottage-related exhibitors showing everything from decks and docks, to boats and bunkies, furnishings, building products, water systems, cottage-country destinations, and cottage real estate.
Still want to know more? Visit the The Spring Cottage Life Show For the latest additions, online tickets, event times, and more.