- Corn on the cob, buttered
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (15 ml)
- 1 tsp ground roasted geera (5 ml)
- 1 tbsp kosher or sea salt (15 ml)
- Move corn on the cob to a different latitude with roasted geera—cumin—a popular spice on islands with an East Indian influence. Put 1 tbsp (15 ml) cumin seeds in a dry pan over medium-low heat and toast for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until seeds are dark brown and fragrant. Pour seeds into a small bowl to cool, then grind to a powder. Combine 1 tsp (5 ml) of the ground roasted geera with 1 tbsp (15 ml) kosher or sea salt and sprinkle on hot buttered corn. Once you’ve tried it, you may want to increase the amount of geera in the mix.