Leek and Four-Cheese Dip
A creamy and flavourful snack to serve warm with crispy pita triangles, cracker bread, or crostini. You can also make this dip with other vegetables: Replace leek with a large Vidalia onion, chopped and sauteed, or an 8-oz (250 g) package of fresh spinach, wilted and chopped.
- Serves: 4-6
- Course: Snack
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 leek, white and tender green parts, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Emmenthal cheese (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (30 ml)
- 8 oz soft cream cheese (250 g)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add leek and sauté until soft but not brown, 6–8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes more. Season lightly and set aside. In a bowl, mix grated cheeses; reserve a few tablespoons for the topping. Stir in cream cheese and leek mixture. Season to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly in a baking dish, sprinkle reserved grated cheese on top, and bake in preheated 400°F (200°C) oven until bubbling, 15–18 minutes. Set under broiler to lightly brown top. Serve warm.