2011 photo contest winners
Water works | 2nd place - Action!
Sam Angel, 16, is both the photographer and subject of this photo—an unlikely combination for an action shot. “I’ve seen a lot of wakeskating pictures in magazines,” he says, “but never any like this.” Sam got this on-the-water close-up of himself on Lac Pemichangan, Que., by strapping a waterproof, shockproof camera to one hand, while holding on with the other.
The water alone has so many moods and textures in this photo: There are the squirts hitting his leg on one side, the smooth curve on the other, and its colour contrasts well with the light blue sky. The diagonal bisection of the photo also makes it much more interesting, and the fact that Sam is still upright balances it all out. Good work!
Tonight on Cottage Life
- 06:00 pmCOTTAGE CHEESE
- 06:30 pmDECKS, DOCKS, AND GAZEBOS
- 07:00 pmBROJECTS
- 07:30 pmMY RETREAT
- 08:00 pmCOMPETE TO EAT
- 08:30 pmCOTTAGE CHEESE
- 09:00 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 09:30 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 10:00 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 10:30 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 11:00 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 11:30 pmWEEKEND RENO