Chocolate Mud Cake
Using a packaged mix as the base of a recipe is a guilty pleasure: no pain, all gain. Here, a simple chocolate cake transforms into a rich and delectable dessert with just a few additions.
- Serves: 12
- Course: Desserts
- 1 pkg chocolate or devil’s food cake mix (about 520 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup cold strong coffee (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (125 ml)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (750 ml)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (250 ml)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream or yogurt, coffee, and oil. Beat with a mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Spread batter evenly in a greased 9" x 13" (23 cm x 33 cm) pan.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle marshmallows and nuts on top. Bake 5 minutes longer, or just until marshmallows are puffed. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.