Crisp & Chewy Peanut Butter Squares
My friends love these treats because they taste like Eat-More candy bars. I love them because they don’t require baking, and they’re great for clearing out the cupboard. You can use any dried fruit, and if you have leftover sunflower or pumpkin seeds, throw some in along with the peanuts.
- Serves: 3 dozen bars
- Course: Snack, Desserts
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (375 ml)
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats (175 ml)
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries (150 ml)
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts (150 ml)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup liquid honey (125 ml)
- 1/3 cup cocoa (75 ml)
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, oats, cranberries, and peanuts.
- In a small saucepan, heat brown sugar, peanut butter, and honey over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Stir in cocoa. Pour over cereal mixture. Mix well.
- Press firmly into a 9" (23 cm) square pan lined with foil and greased. Refrigerate until cool and set, about 2 hours. Remove from pan and peel away foil. Cut into squares.