Sweet & Salty Fudge
With no candy thermometer required, this is the simplest fudge you will ever make. It’s also one of the most delicious: The Cottage Life team couldn’t stop nibbling during the photo shoot.
- Serves: 40 pieces
- Course: Snack, Desserts
- 1 cup sugar (250 ml)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup butter (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup corn syrup (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup chopped or broken pretzels (125 ml)
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except pretzels. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook at a low boil for 7 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Beat with a mixer on medium-high for 4-5 minutes, until mixture starts to thicken and loses its sheen.
- Stir in pretzels. Pour into a buttered pie plate. Mark into 1" (2.5 cm) squares when set but still slightly warm, then let cool and harden before cutting completely.