Honey Oat Cookies
Don’t be deceived by the plain appearance of these cookies—they are packed with flavour.
- Serves: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Course: Desserts
- 1 1/3 cups quick-cooking oats (325 ml)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 ml)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 ml)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (5 mL)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup liquid honey (125 ml)
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and honey together until smooth. Add dry ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Drop dough using a tablespoon (15 ml) on a parchment-lined or greased cookie sheet, leaving about 2” (5 cm) of space between drops.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10-14 minutes, or until golden. Cool 10 minutes on sheet then transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.
- Tip: The dough will flatten and spread during baking, so make sure to leave enough room between drops.