The family cottage is the place of many wonderful memories for you, your children and your grandchildren. The walls are covered with reminders of many great summers. It is your hope that your family will be able to enjoy the cottage for generations to come. But will they?
About The Seminar: Handing Down the Cottage
Some of the issues you may face when handing down the cottage:
- The value of your cottage may have increased substantially.
- The level of interest in the cottage varies by family member.
- The financial position of each family member is different.
In the seminar being held at public libraries in communities near your cottage, you will learn about the ways in which you can effect a smooth transition to the next generation. Specifically the no-charge, hour-long seminar will cover the following topics:
- Strategies for tax minimization
- Protecting the cottage in the event of marriage breakdown or bankruptcy
- Strategies for reducing potential family conflict
- The cottage as part of your estate