Mini Rocky Road Cookies
Who can resist freshly baked, gooey, chocolatey cookies warm from the oven? This recipe makes a large quantity; you can refrigerate a portion of the dough for a day or two or freeze it until your next baking session.
- Serves: about 5 dozen small cookies
- Course: Snack, Desserts
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (875 ml)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 ml)
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (375 ml)
- 1 cup sugar (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (125 ml)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (10 ml)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks (500 ml)
- 1/2 cup roasted chopped pecans (125 ml)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, cut in half (250 ml)
- Lightly grease and flour (or line with parchment) 4 cookie sheets. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugars in another large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Whisk eggs and vanilla together, add to creamed mixture, and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture in 2–3 batches, mixing just until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chunks, pecans, and marshmallows.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheets, allowing about 1 ½" (4 cm) between cookies. Bake in preheated oven for 10–12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Remove cookies with a spatula to wire racks to cool. makes about 5 dozen small cookies.