Who’s on your barbecue guest list?
An Ipsos Reid survey, commissioned by The Historica-Dominion Institute asked Canadians to compose the ultimate barbecue guest list, choosing from famous Canadians, living or dead:
The survey found that Terry Fox (38%) was the most popular guest, followed by Wayne Gretzky (35%) and Celine Dion (33%). The top ten also included environmentalist David Suzuki (30%), actor Mike Myers (30%), former Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau (26%), singer Neil Young (26%), actor William Shatner (25%), comedian Rick Mercer (23%) and hockey player Maurice Richard (22%).
Here are five fun Canucks I’d invite, plus what I’d ask them to contribute:
- Mr Dressup (please bring your tickle trunk)
- Susanna Moodie (please don’t bring a complaint about every last thing in Canada)
- Enza Supermodel Anderson (bring your platform)
- Mackenzie King (bring a guest, namely your mom’s ghost)
- Buffy Sainte-Marie (bring your guitar)
Who might you invite? Happy Canada Day, everyone!