Herb-Marinated Lamb Popsicles
Recipe provided by Sawmill Creek Wines
- Serves: 4
- Course: Dinner
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp old-fashioned Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 lamb chops, Frenched
- Combine herb marinade ingredients.
- Pour marinade ingredients into dish with lid or into re-sealable plastic bag. Add lamb chops. Massage lamb chops to evenly distribute herb marinade. Allow to marinate in fridge for at least one hour, but can be marinated overnight.
- Spray or oil BBQ grill. Preheat grill to med-high heat. When grill is hot, remove lamb chops from marinade and place onto hot grill. Grill each side 3-4 minutes until medium rare. Remove from grill and allow to rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Pairs well with Sawmill Creek Merlot
- With aromas of berry and hints of herbs, this medium-bodied, fruity merlot compliments the earthiness of the lamb.
- - Because of their small size, lamb chops grill up quickly. To preserve the meat’s natural juices turn only once and grill to medium rare.