Wild Blueberry Apple Smoothie
Courtesy of the Wild Blueberry Association of North America
- Serves: 4
- Course: Breakfast
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 cups (1,000 ml) wild blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat, plain yogurt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 tsp (20 ml) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) vanilla yogurt for garnish, plus lemon zest or fresh mint leaves
- Puree apple sauce, yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar in a blender.
- Add frozen wild blueberries one cup at a time and blend thoroughly. Pour into glasses immediately.
- Carefully add vanilla yogurt and wild blueberries on top. Garnish with lemon zest as desired.
- If you use frozen wild blueberries, take 200 g (7 oz) defrosted blueberries and add some liquid (juice or milk).