Chocolate Chai Spice Mix Cookies
3 cookie recipes
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- Course: Desserts
- 2 ¼ cups (560 ml) Cookie Mix
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried cherries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- For Cherry Oatmeal Cookies, combine Cookie Mix and cherries in a large bowl. Stir remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, add to dry ingredients, and stir until evenly combined.
- Drop level tablespoons of the batter onto parchment-lined or greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. (If you use Cookie Mix taken right out of the refrigerator, baking may take a few minutes longer.)
- - For Chocolate Chai Spice Cookies, omit cherries. Blend 2 ½ tsp (12 ml) Chai Spice Mix, 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped candied ginger, and a generous ½ cup (125 ml) of your favourite chocolate bar, coarsely chopped, into the Cookie Mix. Continue as directed, topping each cookie with an extra chunk of chocolate bar before baking.
- - For Apricot Cashew Cookies, omit cherries. Blend 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon, ½ cup (125 ml) chopped apricots, and ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped cashews into the Cookie Mix. Mix 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange marmalade into liquid ingredients. Continue as directed, pressing an extra cashew into the top of each cookie before baking.
- - To create your own signature cookie, replace the cherries with ½ cup (125 ml) of just about whatever you like, such as pumpkin, sunflower, or sesame seeds, toasted slivered almonds, chopped toasted hazelnuts, chopped gumdrops, shredded coconut, crunched-up corn flakes, chunks of white chocolate, chocolate chips, or even chopped pretzels. You can also drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cookies. Go wild!