Smoked Salmon Spirals
This inspiring appetizer was presented by Tony Armstrong at the 2008 Fall Cottage Life Show. The recipe was originally created by Jane Rodmell in Cottage Life’s Summer Weekend Cookbook.
- 8 oz (250 g) deli-style cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Russian-style sweet mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sour cream or mayonnaise
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 12 oz (375 g) smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh dill
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chives
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce or fresh spinach
- 1. Cream together cream cheese, mustard, and sour cream or mayonnaise.
- 2. Lay tortillas flat on a work surface and spread each evenly with cheese mixture. Lay salmon slices in a single layer on top, leaving a 1" (2-cm) border at the top covered with just cheese, so that the rolls will stick together. Sprinkle salmon with dill, chives, and pepper. Arrange lettuce or spinach leaves on top.
- 3. Roll tortillas up tightly, pressing firmly to seal. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate an hour or two.
- 4. Trim off raggedy ends of tortilla rolls, then cut each roll into 8-10 slices on the diagonal.