Savoury Zucchini Bites
Based on a recipe from Lahr, Germany, this quick and easy appetizer, a cross between a biscuit and a fritatta, is the perfect cocktail snack.
- 1 cup (250 ml) Bisquick baking mix
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried parsley
- ½ tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 ml) thinly sliced zucchini
- ½ cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, cheese, parsley, oregano, and salt.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread mixture in an ungreased 9" x 13" (23x33 cm) ovenproof dish.
- 3. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden. Cool slightly, cut into 12 squares and then halve into triangles.