Lamb & Feta Stuffed Mini Pitas
This recipe was a hit at the 2009 Spring Cottage Life Show.
- Course: Snack
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 green onions, chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup feta cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package mini-pitas
- tzaziki sauce
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and season with fresh ground pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Transfer onions to a bowl and stir-in the parsley, mint, feta, cinnamon, cumin and salt.
- 4. Add lamb to the same skillet, and set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring and breaking meat into small pieces for 6 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- 5. Drain the cooked lamb and stir into the bowl with the green onions & parsley medley.
- 5. Cut the tops off the mini-pitas and stuff with the lamb mixture. Don’t worry if the pitas start to tear, once heated they will stay together. Place stuffed pitas in an oven proof baking dish and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 6. Remove stuffed pitas from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Top with a dollop of tzaziki, sprinkle with some freshly chopped mint and serve.