- Serves: 6
- Course: Snack
- 1 cup (250 ml) cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) evaporated skim milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1. Combine cornmeal, baking soda, and salt.
- 2. Beat eggs, yogurt, corn, milk, and oil together to blend. Add dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Spoon into a greased 5-cup (1.25 L) casserole dish.
- 3. Bake in preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the soufflé comes out clean. Serve hot.
- You can also use 1% or 2% yogurt.
- To serve, spoon out for a casual look or cut in wedges. It's firm enough to turn out of the dish for easy slicing.