Roasted potatoes infused with the robust flavours of beer, rosemary, and garlic make a delicious and versatile side dish, whether you cook them on the grill or in the oven.
- Serves: 6-8
- Course: Dinner
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- 341 ml bottle ale
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1" (2.5 cm) wedges, about 8 wedges each.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, rosemary, ale, and oil. Add potatoes, stirring to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat gas barbecue on high or oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Strain mixture, reserving potatoes and herbs; discard liquid. Toss potatoes and herbs with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a greased, rimmed cookie sheet.
- Grill (or oven-roast) potatoes for 45-50 minutes, turning frequently until tender and browned.