Crozier Lake Shrimp Salad
Cottage Life Recipe Contest Winner, 2000 – Second Prize
- Serves: 4-6
- Course: Lunch
- 1 cup (250 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2-5 drops Tabasco or hot sauce
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- ½ cup (125 ml) pineapple chunks
- ½ cup (125 ml) romaine lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked salad shrimp
- cucumber and lemon slices
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, tomato paste, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Stir in apple, pineapple, romaine, and celery. Season to taste.
- Stir in shrimp. Spoon into wine goblets. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours to let flavours blend. Garnish with a thin slice of cucumber and lemon.
- If you can't find fresh shrimp, use good-quality, frozen, pre-cooked shrimp, defrosted and drained.