Roasted Pumpkin Seed Salad
Recipe from Denise Friesen
Salads make low-maintenance potluck companions: Bring the dressing, greens, and vegetables in separate containers and toss them just before serving. In five minutes, you’re out of the kitchen, enjoying the party, with no worries that your contribution will get cold through the inevitable dinner-serving delay.
- Serves: 8–10
- Course: Snack
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10-oz pkg. (285 ml) organic mixed greens
- 8 oz (250 g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted pumpkin seeds
- Toss squash with a dash of cinnamon and roast in a 400°F (200°C) oven for about 15 minutes, until tender. Let cool.
- In a jar, combine olive oil, vinegar, shallot, and tarragon, plus salt and pepper to taste. Shake to blend.
- Just before serving, toss greens with squash, cheese, and dressing. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.