Tour a 140-year-old cottage
See an amazing cottage that was built in the late 1800s.
Here’s a tour of an amazing cottage that was originally featured in our April 2011 issue. Fairview Island is a large, private island on Lake Rosseau and is home to the Allan family cottage. Built in the late 1800s, this grand getaway shows many of the hallmarks of Victorian-era cottage architecture: Soaring wide staircases, wraparound porches with intricate railings, large rooms with vaulted ceilings. The family has been there since the 1960s, and have taken great care to maintain the original features of the building. Cheers to them for it; every cottager knows how hard it is to maintain even a modest retreat. Maintaining this mansion takes a whole new level of effort. It’s a passion for the Allans, who now number three generations at the lake during the summer.
The main cottage features a porch that wraps around the entire building, offering several spots where the family can enjoy the day's best light.
Tonight on Cottage Life
- 06:00 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 06:30 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 07:00 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 07:30 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 08:00 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 08:30 pmCOLIN AND JUSTIN'S CABIN PRESSURE
- 09:00 pmBUYING HAWAII
- 09:30 pmBUYING HAWAII
- 10:00 pmBUYING THE BAYOU
- 10:30 pmWHAT'S FOR SALE
- 11:00 pmGEORGE CLARKE'S AMAZING SPACES - SEASON 3